The answer to this questions is yes you can be allergic to lash extensions-but generally you are allergic to the adhesive that is used to place the lash extension to your natural lash; due to the fact that they lash extensions we use are synthetic – not made from mink or horse hair.
Unfortunately once you have had an allergic reaction to the adhesive you will always be allergic to lash extension adhesive. At this point in time all of the semi permanent lash adhesive contains the same active ingredient.
If you have an allergic reaction to this ingredient more than likely it will continue to get worse with each application.
If you believe you are having an allergic reaction contact your lash artist and they can assist you. If your allergic reaction is severe you want to reach medical attention immediately.
See our blog post on WHAT DOES AN ALLERGIC REACTION LOOK LIKE